Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas already?

So here we are, Christmas is already here once again. We all make the same proclamations every year..."Christmas comes faster every year" or questioning family members and strangers alike, "are you ready for Christmas?" I don't know about you, but I don't think it would matter when Christmas arrived, I don't believe I'd be ready for it. I can never seem to brace myself quite enough for the traffic, crowds and the never-ending advertisements. I guess I believe that Christmas is for kids. I mean I haven't felt the magic in years, but I still enjoy watching my neice and nephew enjoy it. Ultimately if we could focus more on the meaning of Christmas and less on the materialistic commercial side, I think I'd feel better about it. I guess that comes off sounding like Charlie Brown, but that's my heart.

No comments: